The 1531 is the result of the L3Harris focus on continuous product improvements in the areas of size, weight, performance and power consumption. The 1531 offers a lightweight, ergonomic design similar to the AN/PVS-31 but with significant weight reduction over the AN/PVS-15. It also incorporates features such as adjustable diopters, manual gain adjustment, individually rotating monoculars and an integrated infrared illuminator. The 1531 can be operated as a helmet-mounted, head-mounted or handheld system and is field maintainable with limited equipment.
- Manual system gain and focus adjustments for custom image quality optimization
- Lightweight ergonomic design reduces head-borne weight and decreases neck strain
- Adjustable diopter eyepieces to allow use by operators with differing visual acuity Integrated infrared illuminator for map reading
- Rotating binocular design allows low profile against helmet when in stowed position and ability to use as a single monocular
- Works with currently fielded dovetail helmet mounts
- Auto OFF when stowed; resumes power when deployed
- LED indicators in left and right monocular indicates when 10 minutes or more of battery life remains and when the IR illuminator is active